Blister, Sachet & Low Headspace Package Leak Detection
The VeriPac 410 inspection system offers non-destructive seal and leak detection for blister packs, sachets, and pouches with low headspace.
Multi-cavity blister packs and low head space packaging use a variety of test methods to determine package integrity, with most being destructive, subjective, and unreliable.
The VeriPac 410 utilizes a combination of vacuum decay technology and differential force measurement to identify defective packages. Multiple packages can be tested in a single test cycle, and the 410 identifies which package or cavity is defective. Test results are quantitative and provide operators with a definitive pass/fail, eliminating the subjective and destructive nature of current test methods.
Package quality assurance is achieved by deploying accurate, reliable non-destructive inspection methods, removing subjectivity from the testing process while reducing waste. The VeriPac 410 allows tested product to be returned to the production line and eliminates the significant costs and waste associated with destructive leak test methods.
- Non-destructive, non-invasive, no sample preparation
- Accurate and repeatable results
- Test multiple packages in a single test cycle
- Identifies which package is defective
- Features tool-less operation for different format blister formats – fast changeover with no charge parts needed
- Simplifies the inspection and validation process
- Supports sustainable packaging initiatives
- ASTM test method and FDA standard
- Cost effective with rapid return on investment
- Leak detection and seal integrity testing of entire package
- Test sensitivity down to 15 microns
||Non-destructive leak detection of blister packs, sachets and pouches with low headspace with defect profile typically >15 microns
- Blister packs
- Pouches with low headspace (e.g. suture packs, transdermal patch packaging)
||Non-porous materials: foil, plastic, poly, film, Aluminum, paper
|Offline or Online
||Offline lab instrument
- Absolute vacuum transducer
- Pressure plate
||Vacuum Decay and differential force measurement
||10" color touch screen
Test Parameter Storage
||Up to 20 packages
|Test Result Data
||Pass/Fail Result in mBar units
||2 ccm (approximate hole size 15 microns)
|Remote Internet Access
||View on touch screen and electronic data log collection
||Test drawer configuration
ASTM Test Method
|Test Instrument Enclosure
||14.5" W x 22" D x 12" H/35 lbs.
|Test Drawer Footprint
||17" W x 21" D
||100-240 VAC; 50/60 Cycles
- Microcalibrator Flowmeter
- Validation Qualification Package (IQ/OQ/PQ)
|* U.S. Patent Pending
**ASTM Test Method F2338-09 - www.astm.org based on VeriPac leak testers.
|Test results may vary according to application and package specifications.