What is VeriCon Technology?
VeriCon system encompasses a complete line of leak testers for empty bottles and containers. It is a powerful leak detection system that operates round-the-clock to ensure high leak test sensitivity with the capability to measure down to 200 microns. Under this process, the container is filled with pressure to a certain level. The rate of pressure decay is analyzed and measured which corresponds to pressure within the container. The operating panel displays pass/fail results and the defective container is rejected from the line . With PTI’s VeriCon technology, users can choose from a wide range of leak tester configurations, according to different container specifications. Its applications include plastic, blow molding, food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. VeriCon technology works well for small, medium to large size containers and has inspection rates upto150 bottles/min. range. According to Heinz Wolf, general manager, Packaging Technologies and Inspection “In addition to the basic inspection economics of identifying leaking containers and minimizing false rejects, VeriCon systems offer many additional advantages that increase overall operational efficiency. The Auto-learn feature for example, automates setup of accept/reject criteria. Real time inspection data with reject statistics and test result With reject statistics & test result trends, VeriCon technology ensures on demand analyses of container quality.”
VeriCon technology can be implemented using pressure decay or vacuum decay technology. Plastic containers of almost all sizes use pressure decay technology. In situations where due to specific characteristics of the container, pressure decay technology is not capable of detecting leaks, Vacuum decay technology is applicable. Depending on the line speed/hole size requirement, VeriCon testers are available in one to four station configurations.
- Trimmer mount: available in single and dual station configurations, VeriCon trimmer mount systems are designed precisely for indexing systems installations.
- Linear Leak Testers: available in single or multi-station configurations for standard online linear leak detection with inspection speeds up to 70 bottles/min.
- Continuous Motion Testers : available in 1 to 4 station configurations with inspection speeds up to 150 bottles/min. Continuous motion inspection’s high speed testing ensures uninterrupted inspection of containers.
Benefits of VeriCon technology:
All VeriCon systems offer the following features and benefits:
- VeriCon technology uses high-resolution non-drifting transducers thereby ensuring consistent leak detection.
- Accurate leak testing with repeatable results
- 24/7 operation
- Capable of accommodating multiple container specifications and test sensitivity requirement
Ensuring packaging quality is pivotal in all manufacturing. For efficient packaging, it is important for manufacturers to have complete knowledge of packaging material used and test sensitivity desired, so that appropriate package integrity tests can be undertaken.
pharmaceutical package testing, VeriCon Technology, pharmaceutical package integrity, package integrity testing, pressure decay technology