The Company: PTI Corporation
PTI - Packaging Technologies & Inspection is headquartered in Hawthorne, New York, a Westchester County community close to New York City. We are a team of engineers, scientists and professionals serving the packaging industry as a leading equipment manufacturer of package inspection equipment for the pharmaceutical, medical devices, food, and container industries.
PTI’s management and R & D team focus has been on developing inspection technologies for the packaging industry that perform with a high degree of precision and reliability, and simplify testing and validation processes in the pharmaceutical, medical device, food and container industries.
PTI’s inspection technologies are non-destructive, non-subjective and provide companies with solutions to improve their quality and process control, while reducing product waste and cost.
As we continue our successful journey, we are looking to add more talented, innovative, and dedicated engineers to our team. So, if you are someone who enjoys work because of the sense of accomplishment that it gives you, and if you want to be part of a high impact team working for a financially strong, global company that is the leader in the Container Closure Integrity testing industry, then contact us, because working at PTI is not just a job….it’s a passion!
The Team: PTI’s Global Technical Support (GTS)
This position is as a GTS team member of, which is responsible for installing and servicing the most sophisticated container closure system inspection technologies in the world.
The Role: Service Technician
This position is responsible for providing service support to our customers by installing, calibrating, validating and/or trouble-shooting a variety of PTI’s leak detection and seal inspection equipment. Responsibilities include traveling to the customer’s site to install new systems and/or to service their existing systems. When not traveling, the technician will work from our offices to assist with system calibrations, product demonstrations and to assist customer’s service needs remotely/virtually. Additionally, the technician will attend tradeshows/conferences to assist the Team with the equipment and potential customer interactions throughout an event. This position provides the opportunity to interact with our global customer community to ensure their total satisfaction with their inspection systems and service experience.
- Work with GTS Manager and other GTS Team Members to support both new system installations and servicing of existing systems, both at the customer’s site or remotely.
- Provide machine calibrations, installation, validation, and/or troubleshooting for our systems.
- Write timely and detailed service reports.
- Providing technical machine training for our customers.
- Suggest system improvements based on customer feedback that will enhance our products performance.
- Involves direct interaction with customers to provide top level service.
- Support GTS management and customer’s needs in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Involves both domestic and international travel (up to 60%)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- >1 year of experience with packaging and/or container closure integrity testing solutions (preferred)
- >3 years of experience as a Service Technician
- Basic understanding of HMI/PLC functionality and operation
- Ability to diagnose technical problems and determine the proper solution
- Good service report writing skills
- High level of energy and readiness to travel
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and ability to work professionally with customers
- Detail oriented, hands-on and action oriented
- Ability to assess next steps and see beyond immediate tasks at hand
- Able to travel 60%, strong customer focus, attention to detail, fast acting, and an excellent communicator
Minimum education/training required:
- Associate Degree (2 years) in packaging or other technical area
- Accredited Technical School Degree
- Military - Advanced Individual Training (AIT) in a technical area
If you are interested in working in a high-energy, fast-moving company with leading-edge inspection technologies, strong values, a vibrant corporate culture, please visit our website at www.ptiusa.com and apply online today.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
ALL qualified applicants will receive consideration. PTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.