The Company: PTI Corporation
PTI - Packaging Technologies & Inspection is headquartered in Hawthorne, New York, a Westchester County community close to New York City. We are a team of engineers, scientists and professionals serving the packaging industry as a leading equipment manufacturer of package inspection equipment for the pharmaceutical, medical devices, food, and container industries.
PTI’s management and R & D team focus has been on developing inspection technologies for the packaging industry that perform with a high degree of precision and reliability, and simplify testing and validation processes in the pharmaceutical, medical device, food, and container industries.
PTI’s inspection technologies are non-destructive, non-subjective and provide companies with solutions to improve their quality and process control, while reducing product waste and cost.
As we continue our successful journey, we are looking to add more talented, innovative, and dedicated engineers to our team. So, if you are someone who enjoys work because of the sense of accomplishment that it gives you, and if you want to be part of a high impact team working for a financially strong, global company that is the leader in the Container Closure Integrity testing industry, then contact us, because working at PTI is not just a job….it’s a passion!
The Team: PTI Inspection Division
This position is as a team member of PTI’s Inspection Division, which is responsible for designing and developing the most sophisticated non-destructive container closure system inspection technologies in the world.
The Role: Application Engineer
This position is responsible for providing sales support, working with our global sales team members and customers to determine the sensory technology, hardware, software reporting requirements, product sample testing, and inspection requirements for both existing and potential new projects and applications. Responsibilities include lab work, field & virtual product demos, producing presentations and reports, inside sales support and providing technical support for the sales and marketing team. Responsibilities also include developing and testing of new technology solutions and processes that can improve product performance and marketplace positioning. This role will require the application of a wide range of basic academic knowledge, such as chemistry, knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, statistics, as well as practical thinking and creativity. This position provides the opportunity to travel, and work with engineers on leading edge products and will be a member of the Global Application Engineering organization.
- Work with global sales team members to support annual goals.
- Work with Application Engineering Manager & GTS Team to support both developing and existing projects.
- Work with both Sales and Engineering Teams to determine sensory technologies, hardware, software reporting, product sample testing and reporting, and inspection system requirements for potential customer applications through lab work and field/virtual product demos.
- Support global sales team members with inside sales projects and growth objectives.
- Developing results and technology presentations for sales and marketing.
- Providing technical support for sales and marketing.
- Suggesting and testing of new approaches and technologies that can improve product performance.
- Involves direct interaction with customers.
- Respond to sales team member’s and customer’s needs in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Involves both domestic and international travel and customer interaction.
- Advanced application support for customer installations and training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- >1 years’ experience with packaging and or container closure integrity testing solutions.
- >1 years’ experience with Application Engineering.
- Good writing skills.
- High level of energy and readiness to travel.
- Excellent Communication Skills and ability to present effectively to customers.
- Detail oriented, hands-on and action oriented.
- Ability to assess next steps and see beyond immediate tasks at hand.
- Able to travel 40%, strong customer focus, attention to detail, fast acting, and an excellent communicator
Minimum education required:
BS from a program focused on engineering or sciences
If you are interested in working in a high-energy, fast-moving company with leading-edge inspection technologies, strong values, a vibrant corporate culture, please visit our website at www.ptiusa.com and apply online today.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.